Thursday, July 29, 2010

1. Introduction

Hi, this is my first post ever so I thought I would start by introducing myself. My name is Sandro Mizzi from Malta and I'm 33. My love of wine started a long time ago, when my sister went to Lyon (France) on a scholarship. Visiting her opened whole new world of different wines. I must say my first love was a Saint Joseph AOC. I do not recall the vintage or the producer but what I remember is that my senses told me " WOW, what's this? why did it take us so long to taste such a beauty?" From there on I used to make it a point that whenever I visit my sister, I taste something different. 


Today that love of wine is still on (more than ever) and I have tried to inform myself more through reading books, magazines and currently am doing a course in wine appreciation. However the best way to learn is to indulge your senses in actually trying different wines, different styles. Get out of your comfort zone of always drinking the same thing and try something else (it helps if you have someone to help you widen your horizon). Don't be afraid to swirl your wine in the glass and smell it before actually tasting. Will friends call you a snob? they don't know what they are missing.


Through these posts I will try to post different wine experiences. Tonight my wife and I are organizing a BBQ but more about that and the wines next time :)


S

3 comments:

  1. Elated to see my status has been elevated to that of a saint! And an AOC as well!

    Well done! I promise my contributions, which will, alas, be limited in their intelligibility in inverse proportion to imbibed volume :-))

    Prosit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent - man on a mission! like I said any excuse to down a classy wine is a valid one :) keep it up Sandro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for the support. I will try and post regularly with a wide span of wines tasted. Cheap vs expensive, traditional vs modern ..

    Keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete